028 9335 0290
Speak to our experts on the phone now.
At MJ Kane, our dedicated Capital Gains Tax advisors and accountants assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of capital gains tax issues.
Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is a tax charged if you sell, give away, exchange or otherwise dispose of an asset to make a profit or ‘gain’.
The amount you gain or profit from the asset sold or exchanges is the amount that is taxed.
Broadly, to calculate the gain, you compare the sale proceeds (or value of the asset at the time it was disposed of) with the original cost of the asset (or value when it was acquired).
Some of the common scenarios we deal with for clients include:
• Crypto Currency Capital Gains Tax
• Assisting property investors looking to sell buy-to-let property
• Transferring properties to your children, or other family members in a tax efficient way
• Restructuring businesses
• Advising on Shares and Capital Gains Tax
• Capital Gains Tax advice for non-UK residents
• Capital Gains Tax advice on overseas properties
• Offsetting Capital Gains Tax losses
Capital gains made on the sale of a business, shares or a property often considerably exceed the available tax-free allowances. careful planning and expert advice will ensure that transactions are structured as tax efficiently as possible to minimize any Capital Gains Tax that may occur.
Contact one of our accountants today to discuss your options.